Community Assets for Society and Housing (CASH) is a collaborative co-operative initiative seeking to secure housing, working and social spaces by keeping them in the ownership of the local community in perpetuity.
CASH has been founded by housing co-operative members, other local residents and community activists, bringing together personal and professional experience to establish a Community Land Trust.
Our aims are to:
- create, protect and sustain,
- influence the regeneration of the places we live and work in,
- pursue mixed-use development schemes which genuinely benefit local communities,
- offer a constructive response to the ongoing housing crisis,
- deliver sustainable and inclusive projects.
Our approach is to:
- be fair and transparent,
- recognise the diversity of community members and their needs,
- be open to dialogue with local authorities, housing associations, developers and housing groups.
Our principles are shaped by first-hand knowledge of long-standing co-operative organisations, which show the viability of the community-led models.
At a time when the UK has one of the most unequal housing markets in Europe, we demand change and deliver it!
Keep up to date with unfolding events at CASH here: